Sunday, August 1, 2010

Button Pin

My Mom's best friend Bonnie made her a pin like this one. I thought it was so cute I had to have one too.


It's really simple to make. I found using a material that doesn't have a lot of give to it works best. You just make a heart or whatever shape you choose, stuff it until you can't stuff it anymore then stuff it some more. It needs to be very tightly stuffed. Did I say that already?
Sew up the opening, then sew the beads all along the edge.
First I  picked out some plain buttons and then picked out some fancy buttons. I started with the plain buttons first because the fancy ones are the ones you want to show. Of course you knew that already.
 I just winged it on the placement of the buttons, but you can plan it all out if that's your thing. After I got all the buttons on then I filled any open spots with beads.


You need to sew the buttons on going all the way through the heart, pull the thread as tight as you can, that makes the back flat so that it will lay flat on your jacket. Then sew the pin on and your done.

If you make this Button Pin I would love to see it.
Have fun, see ya next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment