Friday, March 26, 2010

Kitchen countertops

My kitchen countertops were delivered and installed today. I am still very excited about them. I know, I know Connie get a life!




The island piece was the first to be installed. It took three men to carry it in and lay it on top.

Then they brought in the wall counter and put it in place.
They cut out for the stove and then the for the sink. Then drilled the holes for the faucet.


The wall counter had to be in two pieces, with the joint in the middle of the sink.


I love the look of movement in the granite. If you click on the picture you can see the silver flecks in it. Very cool looking. Edwin says it looks like a riverbed.
It took these guys 6 and 1/2 hours to install everything. Now I have a lot of cleaning to do because there is granite dust everywhere. They had to cut it in place because they were afraid it would break if they cut it outside and tried to bring it in. They put up plastic but the dust is so fine it still gets out.


3 comments:

  1. Connie, it's beautiful. I don't blame you a bit for being excited. If it was me I would probably grab a chair and just sit and look at it all day..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ann
    I think it will be a long time before I get used to it.

    ReplyDelete